UPDATE: ONLINE 11+ MOCK ARRANGEMENTS WHILST KIP MCGRATH CENTRES AND SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED:
Weekly practice papers are past papers and papers you can buy off the shelf. Our mock exam papers have been developed over the years by the Essex Kip McGrath Centres and cannot be found anywhere, they are unique to us and gets amended every year to stay inline with the changes we see in the exam papers.
The Mock exams are also timed and invigilated which is a new skill for our youngsters to learn.
How our online mock exams will work:
- Exam papers will be posted out to you as hard copies. We ask that these envelopes are not opened before the mock exam starts. We also ask that our papers do not be copied in any form.
- At the time of the mock exam, everyone will log into an online zoom meeting. The invigilator will talk through the normal exam prep and then everyone will open their envelopes at the same time and start the paper together.
- There will be a short break in between the two papers.
- Afterwards we ask that you either post the paper back to us or pop it through the letter box at Kip McGrath Tuition Brentwood.
- The papers will be marked and you will receive a short personal video feedback.
- We will also be hosting an online evaluation session, where we will go through the papers in detail.
- The dates for these online 11+ mocks are exactly the same as before (see the poster at the bottom of the page).
- The mock exams and evaluation sessions are payable and needs to be booked online through our normal book now button below.
11+ Mock information prior to lockdown:
Get your child use to exam conditions.
Our Mock exams are very popular for both our own students and non-Kip students alike. They are held at a local Secondary School in Shenfield, Billericay and Chelmsford to give the students a sense of the real exam and what it feels like writing exams in a Secondary school setting. Each exam puts students at ease as what to expect on the day of the real exam. We strive to equip our students not only academically but also psychologically.
You are able to book any of our mock exams at any venue (PLEASE SEE THE FULL LIST AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE). As well as booking a mock exam you could also book an evaluation session. These evaluation sessions are a 2 hour tuition session with an 11+ expert teacher. Evaluations are run in a workshop style group of 6 students. Please note these sessions are for students only, not parents. Students will be able to go through their exam paper in detail, highlighting any areas of concern. They will then focus on the areas they struggle with in their Kip session. Spaces are limited and it is best to book the evaluation along with the mock exam.
If you book a mock exam only the papers will be marked and results will be e-mailed to you on the Friday after the exam with the average and highest scores. Please note that papers must not leave the centre for Copyright reasons.
The mock exams reflect all the recent changes to the exams and give the students a good feel of the standard and expectation on the day. Entrance exam/11+ preparation is more than just preparing your child for the exam. It is investing in them as people and set them on a journey, impacting the rest of their future.
Mock only: Kip £50 Non Kip £60
Mock and evaluation: Kip £80 Non Kip £95
Book 7 and get the 8th one free!
TO BOOK ONE OF OUR MOCKS OR ONE OF OUR MOCKS PLUS EVALUATION SESSIONS PLEASE CLICK ON THE 'BOOK NOW' BOX BELOW.